Well, I just posted photos from all of 2011, especially since I am directing our Christmas letter recipients to our blog---so thought I'd better update it. Let's face it, I devour reading blogs, just not good at updating my own. Still actively follow adoption blogs. 2 of my Renegade friends are starting the process of adopting again--1 has already found their son. Of the 3 boys from AG's foster home, where I helped find families by advocating on adoption yahoo groups, 1 came home in the fall, 1 just met his fam a few days ago, and 1 should meet his fam in the next few months. So exciting. Our actions, or inactions, in this life are so intertwined and have such a ripple effect on so many others. We can NOT be an island, living our own life. We have a responsibility to do what God calls us to do with our lives. On the way, we will impact those He has a plan for us to impact. I used to think I could live in a bubble, and just focus on my little family. Important, yes, but God calls us all to a much bigger purpose. The ride may be scary, but oh so worth it. Is having a kindergartner again always fun? No way, it's a lot of work. But God called us to this adventure with our AG---and we for the most part are loving it. Just wish I could stop time, and selfishly squirrel myself away for 2 days and read 3 novels! Oh well.
This year's been busy. Having our oldest son graduate from high school, hosting a party (which means a lot of cleanup and preparing)! Getting same son ready for college. Having AG start kindergarten 1/2 days, and filling the other 1/2 day with a lot of activities such as AWANA, dance, gymnastics, Chinese class, piano. I am very impressed with AG's piano abilities--she has picked up 2 hands fairly easily. She is still full of activity, and so full of life. She seems to enjoy whatever she does! She LOVES whenever her big bro is home from college, and missed him going away so much.
So maybe I'll update this blog with new pics before next December? Stay tuned!
Have a blessed 2012 ya-all!
Ma
Sunday, December 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment