AG and her 2 bros

AG and her 2 bros

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Inspiring words 6/16/10

Hadn't checked one of my favorite websites for awhile:  nohandsbutours.com  Is a really cool site that i've learned so much about special needs adoptions from.  My favorite part is "family stories"  I was trying to get caught up on family stories of adoptions,  and read one about Chloe,  a child with a limb difference.  I really like what her mom wrote:

* We are very goal oriented. We think that the goal is the purpose, when actually it is sometimes the JOURNEY that is the purpose. The things we learn on the journey are the things He wants to teach us.

* We need to stay close to Him and listen carefully at all times... not assume that once on the path we know the destination. He is in the driver's seat and if He wants to change course, we need to be paying attention or we will head off in the wrong direction. So if we start in Florida, and He takes us on all the necessary roads to Ohio so that we think that is the destination, He might keep us on that highway until we get far enough north to turn toward New York. :)"

Words I really need as I like to be in charge,  in the driver's seat,  very goal oriented.  I have to stop and enjoy the journey,  and realize that I am not in control of the final destination. God loves me so much and I need to realize that He knows what is best for me and my family.  But HE also inexplicably (to me) uses our prayers to Him to help us in our journeys, to help guide us.  It is only when I seriously started praying daily about adoption back in May 07,  that God began to work in our lives,  and reveal His plan for us.  And He can do the same for you in whatever journeys you are on.  But make life easier for yourselves--God has written a pretty good road map already,  don't neglect it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment